Every woman wants to have a thin waist. But pumping the press is not a panacea. Moreover, some familiar abdominal exercises expand the waist. How to achieve results, avoid mistakes, and are there any magic exercises for ideal volumes?
Trending on planet collected the experience and knowledge of trainers who tell you what to do with the right emphasis in order to “make” your waist.
What affects volumes?
Of course, the severity of the waist depends on the type of figure, and women with types of “hourglass” and “pear” lose weight in the last turn when they gain weight. Unlike “rulers” and “apples”, when excess weight is deposited in the upper half of the body
But, as the trainers say, 3 things are harmful visually and physically for any waist:
- total overweight
- bulging belly
- poor posture
The waist will not appear on its own, it is the result of a common work on the quality of the body. But it can always be “drawn” within the framework of its constitution.
Make the waist
Waist shaping is the work on the abdominal muscles. And, as you know, working on it is not primarily exercises, but getting rid of the fat layer. Therefore, we create a calorie deficit with:
- balanced nutrition
- cardio training
A trained muscle corset and correct posture visually stretch and slim the silhouette, therefore:
- do stretching for the back and control posture
- hone waist and abs with targeted exercises
But it is worth remembering that not all abs exercises are useful for the waist, some, on the contrary, expand it. Competent trainers claim that to form a graceful waist, you need to pay attention to the direct abdominal muscle of the press. “Pumping” the same oblique lines leads to an extension of the waist.
The most “dangerous” exercises from this point of view:
- side twisting
- side bends with weighting
- bending to the side sitting on the floor
At the same time, the stretching of the lateral muscles in various static torsions during yoga or Pilates exercises forms beautiful bends of the waist.
5 effective exercises for the waist
This small complex is best performed in the indicated sequence, 3 times a week. The best time is morning.
Starting position: lying on your back, legs bent at the knees, arms along the body. This exercise should be done on an empty stomach.
We take a deep breath, exhale through the mouth, maximally freeing the lungs from the air and pressing the front wall of the abdomen to the spine. In this position, gravity helps you. Hold for 15 seconds, relax. Gradually, you can bring the duration of “exhalation” to 1 minute, most importantly – comfortable sensations.
Reps : 3-5 sets.
Time: from 2 minutes.
- You should be careful with the vacuum for those who have problems with the stomach and intestines. This exercise increases abdominal pressure, which can negatively affect unhealthy organs. The exercise for asthma, hernias of the spine and heart diseases is contraindicated.
2. Tilts forward / backward
Starting position: standing, feet shoulder width apart.
The essence of the exercise: you should feel how the muscles of the lower back are stretched. We make a deep lean forward, touching our hands to the floor and lingering in this position. Then carefully bend back, holding the lower back with his hands.
Reps: 15–20 times.
Time: from 2 minutes.
- This exercise is undesirable for those who have problems with the lumbar region of the back, chronic headaches, or increased intracranial pressure.
3. Boxing twists
Starting position: lying on your back, legs slightly bent at the knees.
The main feature of the exercise is a fast pace. We tear off only the shoulder blades from the floor and immediately return. We make sure that the press does not relax during the exercise.
Repetitions: 3 sets of 12-15 times.
Time: from 2 minutes.
- Exercise is contraindicated in the acute period of gastritis or rheumatism, with diseases of the gallbladder. Caution it must be performed by those who have problems with the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system.
4. The bar
Starting position: socks rest on the floor, emphasis on the palms or elbows.
The most important thing is to follow the straight line of the body, trying not to bend in the back and not to make a “slide”.
Repetitions : 2-3 approaches from half a minute. Effectively change the appearance of the bar in the approaches. Take turns – on the palms, on the elbows, side.
Time : from 2 minutes.
- It is worthwhile to postpone the exercise if you have recently undergone a cesarean section (up to 6 months) or another operation, you have problems with tendons, inflammation of the internal organs or problems with the heart and blood vessels.
5. Side stretch
Starting position: standing, legs 30–35 cm wide, hands resting on the hips just above the knees.
We inhale, exhale, draw in the stomach and take a pose as if we want to sit down. Lower the left hand so that the elbow is on the bent left knee. The right leg is pulled to the side, pulling the toe, the right hand is raised and stretched in front of you or up. We are held in this position for 8 seconds. We strictly control the stretching to the side, trying not to lean forward.
Repetitions: 2-3 times for each side.
Time: from 1 minute.
- You should be careful with stretching if you have high blood pressure, joint problems, and inflammation of the internal organs.
Did you track which exercises were effective for you?